Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Trust

From the hymn "In Allen Meinen Taten." Pay particular attention to the third and last verses.

In all that I do
I am led by God’s counsel,
who can do all and owns all;
in everything he must give,
if it is to turn out well,
his own advice and counsel to me

Nothing can happen to me
except what he has foreseen
and what is a blessing for me.
I take as he gives;
what to him is pleasing from me
is the very thing I choose also myself.

I trust in his grace
that from all harm,
from all evil protects me;
if I live according to his laws,
then there is nothing to harm me,
nothing lacking that is useful for me.

Whether I lie down late
or wake up early,
whether I stay in or go out,
in weakness and in bondage,
whatever happens to confront me,
yet his word is my consolation

If it is his decision,
then I will go undeterred
to meet my fate!
No misfortune whatsoever
shall be too harsh for me,
I shall overcome it

To him I have entrusted myself
in dying and in living,
whenever he bids me;
whether it may be today or tomorrow
I leave to his care,
he alone knows the right time.

Therefore, my soul, be true to yourself
and trust him alone
who has created you.
Come what may,
your Father in heaven
knows what is best in all situations



No comments:

Post a Comment