Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving has always been a special time of the year for my family. I can remember, years ago, having a big outdoor feast with my cousins, uncles, aunts, brothers, parents and grandparents. As a family deeply involved with agriculture, it was a time of the year to thank God for the blessings of a good crop and for the protection he granted in times of need. The tradition of giving thanks has changed as I have not been around Canada in the fall for the last 5 years. Yet, I still celebrate this holiday. Yesterday, in honor of Canadian Thanksgiving, I drafted a short list of specific things I am thankful for this year. The list is in no particular order.

· I am thankful that last year of school got done without me die-ing

· I am thankful for a good summer of dirtbiking, time spent with family and a good crop of apples and cherries.

· I am thankful for a family that loves me and accepts my eccentricities

· I am thankful for a great, inspiring organ teacher, and the joy of studying organ and music

· I am thankful for a good roommate

· I am thankful for the friends I have

· I am exceedingly thankful for God’s help on the MCAT and for the good score he gave me

· I am most thankful for God, and the experience of the MCAT this summer. It was a growing experience. I am thankful for my deeper relationship with Him. I am thankful for his sustaining grace, and the help he renders in my times of need. I am thankful for His sacrifice.

2 comments:

  1. I'm willing to bet that you worked pretty hard for that MCAT score yourself...with God's support and help, of course.

    Wish I could have been at Southern to help you celebrate the real Thanksgiving:) Oh and you totally should try the chapati burritos. They were simply amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading your blessings Stephen! It's so important to remember them. I am certain God will continue to bless and guide you.

    ReplyDelete